Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Few Of Your Favorite Things


These are a few of my favorite things.

Dog- This isn't exactly a "thing" but she is definitely my favorite. This is Kona Bean, my 8 month old "lab-pit-beagle" puppy. She is my little miracle puppy who has survived getting abandoned on the side of the road, drowning in a ditch, a nasty genetic skin disorder, and getting run over by a car. She is like my child and I'm so thankful to have this bundle of joy in my life.
Hedgehog Toy- This toy is a stand in for my actual hedgehog, Sadie, who is also one of my favorites. She is a little over a year old and I've had her since she was two months. She was my first pet living on my own and helped to add some responsibility to my life. She is the most interesting creature I've ever encountered and has so much character. She isn't photographed here due to the fact that her and the dog do not get along (shown above- dog gravitates straight for the hedgehog toy, proceeding to try and eat it).
Coffee- Coffee is an essential in my everyday life. I start my morning routine with a cup of coffee while I take the dog for a walk. Kona coffee (featured above) is my favorite coffee, and where my dog got her name (Kona Bean).
Sticky Bumps (surf wax)- This is a symbol of my family and my home. I've grown up on the beach, in a family of surfers, with a father who works in the surf industry. Surfing has been such a big part of my life for as long as I can remember and will always be on of my favorite things. The beach and the ocean are a get away and bring back some sanity into my life, I could never live far from the beach.
Varsity Volleyball Pin- I played varsity volleyball in high school and had planned to play in college until I blew my knee and needed a few surgeries. My life would be in a completely different place and I may have been led down a completely different path if I hadn't hurt myself, this pin is a reminder of this. I still play when I can.
The Awakening- My absolute favorite book. I re-read it about 4 times a year.
Canvas- My passion is painting. I've never been all that talented but it is soothing to the soul, and I very much enjoy it. I can get lost in a painting for hours.
Sketchbook- I carry a sketch book with me everywhere. I like to be able to jot down ideas, images, song lyrics, or anything I find interesting and inspiring. 


No comments:

Post a Comment